- Australia & New Zealand: 4th May 2020
- UK, USA & Canada: 10th November 2020
- Australia inc Postage
- International inc Postage
RRP AU $24.95 | NZ $24.95 | UK £12.95 | USA $18.95 | CAN $24.95
Please click Checkout to finalise your order, or continue to shop..
Lola and Grandpa is the story of a young girl and the tender, loving relationship she shares with her grandpa. When Lola’s grandpa passes away, she struggles to cope. However, as time passes Lola starts to remember all of the special times they shared. She can see her grandpa reflected in all of the things around her and realises that even though he is no longer physically with her, they will always remain connected.
ISBN: 978-0-6486528-0-9 (Hardback) Target age: 4yrs to 10 yrs
- Please have a look a the review in the Pinerolo magazine Here.
- See Brydie Wright’s podcast review Here.
- A touching review from a reader on the Booktopia site Here.
- A lovely review by Romi Sharpe at Just Write for Kids Here.
- Get to know author Askling Kwok by visiting Readilearn Here.
- See Lola and Grandpa on Goodreads Here.
Illustrations from the book:
- Teachers Notes – Please download from Here.
- Activity Sheets – Please click a number: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
About the Author : Ashling Kwok
Ashling wrote her first picture book when she was 14 years old, Although it never saw the light of day, Ashling knew from that day onwards that she wanted to spend the rest of her life creating stories and playing with words.
After graduating from University, Ashling went on to become a journalist and magazine editor, before setting up her own freelance writing company. Over the years, Ashling’s work has appeared in a number of newspapers and magazines, and she is a regular contributor to a variety of online publications.
Ashling’s first picture book, Where’s my Dinosaur? is due for release in late 2019.
When she is not dreaming up new ideas or working on her latest book, Ashling can be found scouring local bookstores, marvelling at all the wonderful books being created by talented children’s authors.
About the Illustrator: Yvonne Low